Skip to main content

With a Little Help



We all have difficult times in our lives and need something to help us get away from it all. My saviour is crafting.

I have been crafting since I was a child when my grandmother taught me to knit. I knitted a lot of things for myself over the years. When my children were small I knitted a lot for them. I really loved to knit picture jumpers. Actually I loved to knit anything that was a bit of a challenge.



I knitted both the ain jumper I am wearing in this picture, and the Fairisle jumper my daughter Louise is wearing.

In 2004 I hurt my back at work and was stuck in the house for quite a while. One day I was channel hoping and I came across Create and Craft. I was very intetested I  the card making kits they wete selling. I bought one and was hooked.



I hope my card making skills have improved since then. Looking at my cards then they are very simple, but they set me well and truly on my crafty journey.

Now I even have a whole craftroom of my own. Its bursting at the seams as I have accumulated quite a lot of supplies since 2004. Whenever I'm feeling a little stressed, upset about something or just generally sad I spend some time crafting and I feel much better. 

I was diagnosed two years ago with acute anxiety. I think I would be in a much worse place now if it were not for my crafty life. I have made many friends through my crafting, some of which I have not met in person  but still consider them to be great and true friends.

So if you are feeling a little bit out of sorts give it a go. Not only will you enjoy the crafting, you will become part of something much bigger.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Christmas Mini Album Page 1

Today I have done the first page of my mini album. It's a simple gatefold page. I cut the page to 7.5x7.5 ins. The two side flaps are cut at 5.5x5.5 ins and scored at 1.5 ins on the short side. I stuck the flaps at each side of the page to form the gatefold. I chose complimentary papers in traditional Christmas colours from rhe Classic Christmas Collection by Hunkydory. I cut all of the papers .25 of an inch smaller than the pages and flaps to give a border all of the way round. If you are using magnet closures remember to place them before you add your decorative papers. If you would like to see a video showing how I made this album page here is the link  page 1 I have also done a short video showing how I add my album pages which you can find here  adding pages to album Until next time Happy Crafting

Take Notice of Your Surroundings

 We tend to live in a bubble, only seeing what’s right in front of us, or focusing on things that relate to our interests. It’s easy to be unaware of your surroundings, but you might find some new friends if you just take notice of people around you. Your social circle is expanding as we speak, and it can be difficult to stay connected with everyone; however, all it takes is one person with whom you share something in common. After talking with them for a few minutes, they could lead you toward someone else who shares an interest of yours. Before long, your social circle will expand exponentially. Take notice: it’s important! You never know who you could meet. You never know where life might take you. And you never know how many new friendships might come out of seemingly random encounters. Expand your horizons and make more connections by taking more notice today. Who knows where it could lead? Who knows who you’ll meet? And most importantly, who knows how many amazing things will hap...

5 Creative Ways to Organise Your Craft Supplies

Being a creative person often means having a lot of supplies on hand. These can be anything from paintbrushes to fabric scraps to pieces of wood. If you’re not careful, your creative supplies can quickly turn into a cluttered mess. But don’t worry! There are plenty of ways to organize your craft supplies so that you can find what you need when you need it. In this article, we’ll explore five creative ways to organize your craft supplies. By the time you’re finished reading, you’ll have plenty of ideas to help you get your crafting space organized and tidy!   Here is a quick overview of the five ways to organize your craft supplies:   1. Hang craft tools, fabrics, and ribbons on hooks and frames. 2. Build a supply cabinet with durable, adjustable drawers customized to store crafting supplies. 3. Utilize storage containers, drawers, and racks. 4. Group supplies according to item type and color. 5. Implement a digital filing system to maintain digital assets.   These c...