Skip to main content

Creative Christmas Crafting

     Today's card is made using the Paper Pantry Vol X11 USB by Creative Crafting World.



I used an 8x8 in card blank. I used a mat of gold mirri card which I cut to 7.75 by 7.75 ins and then glued it onto the front of the card.

I chose two matching backing papers. These paper patterns are also reflected in the topper I chose. I chose the decorative paper first and cut it to 7.5x7.5 ins and glued it on top of the mirri card.

Next I cut a piece of gold mirri card at 5.25x5.25 ins and glued it in the middle of the card. I cut the green paper at 5x5ins and glued it on top of the mirri card. The plain green paper is one of the coloured cards from the Collection. As it was just going into mats and layers I just printed it onto paper.

I chose the topper and when I had cut it out I measured it and cut a piece of gold mirri card quarter of an inch bigger all around. Then I carefully glued them into the centre of the card.

You could leave it at that but I wanted to add something extra. I had some handmade paper poinsettias and Holly leaves so I put them on one corner using pinflair gel. 

If you are adding anything to your card lay it in the card before you stick it down. If you don't like it you can move it around. Make sure you are happy before you stick anything down.

So that's the card done. If you would like to see a video of how I made this card here is the link Paper Pantry Christmas Card

I hope you enjoyed this and until next time

Happy Crafting.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Take Notice of Your Surroundings

 We tend to live in a bubble, only seeing what’s right in front of us, or focusing on things that relate to our interests. It’s easy to be unaware of your surroundings, but you might find some new friends if you just take notice of people around you. Your social circle is expanding as we speak, and it can be difficult to stay connected with everyone; however, all it takes is one person with whom you share something in common. After talking with them for a few minutes, they could lead you toward someone else who shares an interest of yours. Before long, your social circle will expand exponentially. Take notice: it’s important! You never know who you could meet. You never know where life might take you. And you never know how many new friendships might come out of seemingly random encounters. Expand your horizons and make more connections by taking more notice today. Who knows where it could lead? Who knows who you’ll meet? And most importantly, who knows how many amazing things will hap...

Christmas Mini Album Page 1

Today I have done the first page of my mini album. It's a simple gatefold page. I cut the page to 7.5x7.5 ins. The two side flaps are cut at 5.5x5.5 ins and scored at 1.5 ins on the short side. I stuck the flaps at each side of the page to form the gatefold. I chose complimentary papers in traditional Christmas colours from rhe Classic Christmas Collection by Hunkydory. I cut all of the papers .25 of an inch smaller than the pages and flaps to give a border all of the way round. If you are using magnet closures remember to place them before you add your decorative papers. If you would like to see a video showing how I made this album page here is the link  page 1 I have also done a short video showing how I add my album pages which you can find here  adding pages to album Until next time Happy Crafting

5 Creative Ways to Organise Your Craft Supplies

Being a creative person often means having a lot of supplies on hand. These can be anything from paintbrushes to fabric scraps to pieces of wood. If you’re not careful, your creative supplies can quickly turn into a cluttered mess. But don’t worry! There are plenty of ways to organize your craft supplies so that you can find what you need when you need it. In this article, we’ll explore five creative ways to organize your craft supplies. By the time you’re finished reading, you’ll have plenty of ideas to help you get your crafting space organized and tidy!   Here is a quick overview of the five ways to organize your craft supplies:   1. Hang craft tools, fabrics, and ribbons on hooks and frames. 2. Build a supply cabinet with durable, adjustable drawers customized to store crafting supplies. 3. Utilize storage containers, drawers, and racks. 4. Group supplies according to item type and color. 5. Implement a digital filing system to maintain digital assets.   These c...