Skip to main content

Time to Retack the Mat

I've had my SDX1200 for about a moth now, used it a lot and now my mats have no sticky left. As I am going to retack it anyway I thpught I would show you how I do it.

You might have seen a few different ways to retack your mat, and none of them are wrong, this is just the way I do it.

Please forgive the disgusting state of my work mat. It's very well *loved* 😆



First of all I took one of my old cm900 mats which I used as a template.



I carefully cut the middle cutting area out, making sure I left the measuring guide along the sided. I cut a hole in the middle with my craft knife and then carefully cut the test of it put using a pair of scissors, but you can do it whichever way you find easiest.



I then placed the old mat over the top of my new mat as shown. I held it in place with a couple of pieces of low tack tape because I didnt want the template to move while I was spreading the glue.

Mel Heaton says you don't have to use much glue, but I never find the tiny amount she uses very effective.

I use Pinflair stencil glue and apply it in three lines as shown above.



I use a piece of kitchen sponge like this to spread the glue evenly over the mat. Don't use a natural sponge as it is likely  to shed pieces onto your mat and you don't want that to happen. A make up sponge is good for this as well. You can get a big bag full from Poundland.

The next thing to do is put your mat to one side and leave it for at least an hour before using it. I have left it overnight before.

Then it's ready to go again.

Happy Crafting.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Take Notice of Your Surroundings

 We tend to live in a bubble, only seeing what’s right in front of us, or focusing on things that relate to our interests. It’s easy to be unaware of your surroundings, but you might find some new friends if you just take notice of people around you. Your social circle is expanding as we speak, and it can be difficult to stay connected with everyone; however, all it takes is one person with whom you share something in common. After talking with them for a few minutes, they could lead you toward someone else who shares an interest of yours. Before long, your social circle will expand exponentially. Take notice: it’s important! You never know who you could meet. You never know where life might take you. And you never know how many new friendships might come out of seemingly random encounters. Expand your horizons and make more connections by taking more notice today. Who knows where it could lead? Who knows who you’ll meet? And most importantly, who knows how many amazing things will hap...

Christmas Mini Album Page 1

Today I have done the first page of my mini album. It's a simple gatefold page. I cut the page to 7.5x7.5 ins. The two side flaps are cut at 5.5x5.5 ins and scored at 1.5 ins on the short side. I stuck the flaps at each side of the page to form the gatefold. I chose complimentary papers in traditional Christmas colours from rhe Classic Christmas Collection by Hunkydory. I cut all of the papers .25 of an inch smaller than the pages and flaps to give a border all of the way round. If you are using magnet closures remember to place them before you add your decorative papers. If you would like to see a video showing how I made this album page here is the link  page 1 I have also done a short video showing how I add my album pages which you can find here  adding pages to album Until next time Happy Crafting

5 Creative Ways to Organise Your Craft Supplies

Being a creative person often means having a lot of supplies on hand. These can be anything from paintbrushes to fabric scraps to pieces of wood. If you’re not careful, your creative supplies can quickly turn into a cluttered mess. But don’t worry! There are plenty of ways to organize your craft supplies so that you can find what you need when you need it. In this article, we’ll explore five creative ways to organize your craft supplies. By the time you’re finished reading, you’ll have plenty of ideas to help you get your crafting space organized and tidy!   Here is a quick overview of the five ways to organize your craft supplies:   1. Hang craft tools, fabrics, and ribbons on hooks and frames. 2. Build a supply cabinet with durable, adjustable drawers customized to store crafting supplies. 3. Utilize storage containers, drawers, and racks. 4. Group supplies according to item type and color. 5. Implement a digital filing system to maintain digital assets.   These c...